Front and first and only (if you don’t provide your email) page of Obama website:
Not in this image. Children portrayed in images seen by millions for political gain. Did anyone ask the children if they wanted to be in the photo? Do they understand the purpose and use of it? How many takes were done? How many poses did it take to get it “right”? What did the children have to do to get it “right”? Couldn’t they have been out playing or doing their homework or anything else besides posing for political machine? What do these innocent children have to do with running for the presidency? Ladies Home Journal, People, US, okay but political website?
It is so informal and folksy looking that It belongs in the family photo album, not a political website promoting a candidate for the presidency.
By the way:
- countryside in the background (don’t they live in Chicago?)
- faded background, is it really countryside or them sitting in front of a blown up photographic image of countryside (he has been in so many real countrysides, couldn’t his ad makers have photographed him in front of a real country setting?
- is this making up for “bitter”, “clinging to their guns”?
- you have to give your email information to enter the website to seek specific information about his policies (no wonder one of twenty something the founders of a economically successful and now corporate owned website is on his payroll)
- “the movement”; Obama is a movement? What movement? What does this “movement” represent, specifically? Classic Obamaism, words implying something but what?
- the photo is black and white, why? to highlight the light projected down on them from above ?
- is this image supposed to connect with every family? (Every family has two lawyers, live in a million plus dollar home, mother a vice president at a big city hospital, father a US senator and published author?)
Closer looks, looking at its components instead of the whole:
He is in contact with his daughter’s head not his wife’s. He is in such close physical contact with his children but not as much as his wife. Why? What does this image say about their interaction? Does she approve of her family being used in this way?
Looking at, into his eyes I continue to see uncertainty. The facial muscles around and above the eyes are tense, mildly furrowed brow. Compare with his family’s which are more relaxed , elevated brows.
Looking more closely at the man who would be king, excuse me, president, I feel uncomfortable with his tentative emanation.
I have no doubt that Barack Obama is a nice person, that he believes in something, is obviously intellectually intelligent. I have continued grave doubts about his present leadership skills, his ability to accept advice, because of his age and experience level he must have to have senior advisers. I believe in his intelligence quotient but doubt his common sense and maturity quotient.